Haystack is a boutique research-consulting firm that focuses on food/beverage, packed consumer goods, personal care and retail companies. Haystack advises clients worldwide by using behavioral science to support their product development and shopper strategy. We have offices in Leuven, Amsterdam and Dubai. We develop practical, fact-based insights grounded in the real world that guide our clients’ decisions and immediate actions. We are investing as much in people as in innovations. We aim to create an environment that offers opportunities to develop your career and where you feel part of a great team.
Join us if you feel these words match your profile: Genuine, Open-minded, Make it happen culture, ownership, autonomy, expertise (science based research)
To help building our success you will be tasked with generating opportunities, requests for proposals and ultimately winning pitches. You will also be tasked with managing & executing business development activities. You identify and approach potential leads, sell the company and services, and establish trusty relationships with client decision makers and procurement departments. You will work closely together with the marketing executive and the founder of Haystack who are co-responsible for growth.
This is a new and important role for Haystack. We want you in our team if your nature is to connect with people in a genuine way and if you easily and honestly network and aim for long term and trusty partnerships. We are convinced that this, in combination with a passion for brands and confidence in opening doors, will make you a true “Needlefinder” (as our employees are called).
What does success look like?
- Trustworthy relationships with happy clients
- An executed business plan with overall revenue/profit achievement
- A colleague where all Client Team's resources can count on
- A respectful Needlefinder in the worldwide field who translates Haystack’s added value in a simple and inspiring way.
What will your job look like?
You will be accountable for all aspects of the sales process from prospecting over qualifying to supporting in closing opportunities (in partnership with the Growth team). As such you will support the development of our 3 geographical entities and generate new sales revenue and profit. How? By:
- using a consultative sales strategy
- identifying new business opportunities through established network, analysis of marketplace data and of the market research landscape (worldwide)
- creating relationships with key contacts from a list of targeted prospects
- developing a business plan and maintaining a solid sales pipeline incl. forecast figures
- partnering with Client Team Leads to assess talent and assign appropriate Team members to the prospective client at the appropriate moment in the sales cycle
In addition you will be accountable for:
- providing regular activity reports to the Growth Team
- giving relevant and crucial input towards the Marketing team
- reporting to the organization on points of differentiation based upon your understanding of the competitive landscape
- 2+ years’ experience in consultative selling
- relevant experience in market research is a plus
- engaging and effective communication skills in English, Dutch and preferably French (including extreme comfort presenting to large groups)
- a genuine and positive open mind and way of working
- passionate to team up, communicate and take the lead
- a 'make it happen' attitude
- flexible (regular travels are part of the job)
- a fresh eyed and growing company where ownership and autonomy are encouraged
- challenging projects for an international client base seeking added value
- a dynamic and passionate team of international colleagues and experts
- a customized training plan
- a comfortable working space in the green suburbs near Leuven
- a competitive salary on top of a set of extralegal advantages
Please do send your motivation and curriculum to us @ email@example.com